Geological Sites Map
The map has only Local Geological Sites (LGSs) with open access to public. Please contact CBDC if you need the full list of sites or for Development and Planning purposes.
- Chrome browser best
- Best viewed on a PC. Mobile link at bottom of map.
- Click on site dot for the pop-up
- Pin is at the centre of a site
- NGR is usually the access point
- Red dots are 5 star sites
- Reset the map before new search
- Search site – exact name or first letters
- Search keywords – try different spelling
- Check box to see National GCR sites and SSSI’s
National GCR sites
Fossil & mineral collecting code:
Please be aware that it is illegal in the UK to take minerals or fossils from national parks, heritage sites or Local Geological Sites (LGS). You should never collect specimens from scientifically important sites, such as Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs) or LGS.